- Gayle Somers is a member of St. Thomas the Apostle parish in Phoenix and has been writing and leading parish Bible studies since 1996. She is currently an instructor with the Institute of Catholic Theology at St. Thomas the Apostle and has taught an Old Testament class at the Kino Institute. She is a research fellow with the St. Paul Center (www.salvationhistory.com), which promotes biblical literacy for laymen and biblical fluency for clergy. Gayle has a B.A. from the University of New Orleans and an M.A. in Theological Studies from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary in S. Hamilton, MA. She was a part-time Lecturer in Philosophy at Gordon College, in Wenham, MA, and a contributor to the Woman’s Study Bible published by Thomas Nelson. In 1995, she and her family were received into the Catholic Church. She is the author of three bible studies, Galatians: A New Kind of Freedom Defended (Basilica Press), Genesis: God and His Creation and Genesis: God and His Family (Emmaus Road Publishing). Gayle and her husband Gary reside in Phoenix and have three grown children.
About Cor Ardens- Scripture SpeaksThis website is a ministry of St. Thomas the Apostle parish and is intended to support Pope Benedict's hope "for the flowering of a new season of greater love for Sacred Scripture on the part of every member of the People of God, so that their prayerful and faith-filled reading of the Bible will, with time, deepen their personal relationship with Jesus." Pope Benedict XVI, Verbum Domini
For First Time VisitorsIf this is your initial visit, we suggest you read Lectionary Preparation Before Mass and How to Read the Lectionary first.
- 1st Sunday in Lent, Year A–March 9, 2014 on About
- Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time—February 23, 2014 on About
- Catholic Phoenix | Catholic Phoenix on Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time—February 23, 2014
- Catholic Phoenix | Catholic Phoenix on Sixth Sunday in Ordinary Time—February 16, 2014
- Catholic Phoenix | Catholic Phoenix on Fifth Sunday in Ordinary Time—February 9, 2014